Saturday, April 21, 2007

Healing...


Hello All...

Weeell I have been home since yesterday and it is a little better. Driving as of right now is about my least favorite thing ever. I have to focus on the road and there is nothing really to take me away from my thoughts...which is hard. I had to fight the feeling that I was still caught in some nightmare as I was heading home.
But I am healing which is good. The funeral is on wednesday, and we will see how that goes. Yesterday I went to dinner with Dad, Ashley, Uncle Max, Andrew and Mr. Steenbuck at the Melting Pot which is also where Chris Wallace was with his family. It was actually nice to see him...you know...he's like family too and I hate being away from my extended family.
Tonight I am going to see Mom...another drive down. But thats okay...being with family helps.

And in good news my grades are going to be amazing this semester...I dont think it is worth the cost by any stretch of the imagination though.

Here is some words to Matt :

I wish I had gotten the chance to meet you Matt. You exemplified "Deeds not words", and I have no doubt when you reached Heaven that heroic Tech alum of old all braced up and saluted you. You will always be a part of our HT family, and never forgotten. Rest In Peace, and drive on.
~Kirk Owat

"Facta Non Verba"Not much else need be said.Rest In Peace, La Porte.
~Daniel Wood

*Bud,*It has been a true honor to have "pushed" with you last year in our first year of being together in this wonderful institute. May your family and friends find a sense of peace in this time of tribulations. "Goodbye for now, so long."Deeds Not Words HT 09We may have lost you now but we have gained an Angel up above.
Your bud, Angelica aka ~Blazian~HT 09 Forever

"Space Cadet"you are a hero in my book. you were a great bud you were kinda weird but who isnt. we will all miss you. It is sad to think that you had to leave us this early but i know your actions in that room saved someone that day... you will be missed but never forgotten..Deeds Not Words HT 09 4/16/07 Rest In Peace
~Brian Spears

Whether then, now or sometime to come, you will always be a member of the HT family. Though I did not know Matt LaPorte, his death has shocked and grieved me deeply. I am sure that I speak for most alumni when I say our hearts go out to the Band and especially the class of '09 who will always remember him as one of their buds. Take heart, take care, and know that you are not alone
~Bryan Lowther HT05

Matt, it has been a pleasure working and living with you. I am proud to have known such an outstanding person. Facta Non Verba brother and remember that the band is a family, and we ALWAYS HAVE and ALWAYS WILL take care of our own. Rest in Peace.
~Ryan Easton

I will never forgot him coming to work wearing his silly sunglasses and headphones, and having the most genuine and incredible smile on his face. Because that's what he was, a genuine and incredible person. And I will never forget the conversations we had, the waterpolo games we played, and the times where I would beg to give him a ride home, but he would refuse because he would rather ride his bike home. Rest in peace Matt L.
~Rosie Maldanado

he tried to stop the gunman... he was the only student who wasn't found in his desk. really, I'm not surprised. when I met Matt, I knew that he was something special. I had a feeling that if he wasn't going to die of natural causes, it would have been trying to protect his friends. What a noble young man.Rest in Peace Matthew ♥
~Rebecca Amoah

Matt - It was a pleasure and a privilege having known a hero like you. I know you'll be there watching over us...and you'll remain in our hearts. Deeds not Words and Rest in Peace Brother...you will be missed.
~Cate

No comments: